Our friends at explore.org have teamed up with HATCH to champion the selfless acts of others through a film competition at this year’s HATCHfest Bozeman.
The explore/HATCH award presented by explore.org will be given to a filmmaker who best tells the story of a remarkable individual’s actions in response to a devastating environmental event. From a woman who adopted orphaned children after the tsunami to a captain and his crew that saved the 115 survivors of Deepwater Horizon, explore.org wants to see how you define heroism in the face of catastrophe while inspiring others.
explore.org is a multimedia organization that documents leaders around the world who have devoted their lives to extraordinary causes. Both educational and inspirational, they create a portal into the soul of humanity by championing the selfless acts of others. In line with explore’s mission, HATCH inspires service and makes a positive impact on people and the planet in a creative way through film, music, photography, journalism, fashion, architecture, design, technology and more.
Winner of the first explore/HATCH award presented by explore.org will receive an all-expense-paid trip to HATCHfest Bozeman September 22-25 and be presented with a Canon HD SLR camera package from explore.org’s founder and documentary filmmaker, Charles Annenberg Weingarten, and HATCH. If you or someone you know has made a film highlighting a cause that inspires others to make a difference, submissions are now open!
Funding for the explore/HATCH award is made possible through the efforts of explore.org and the Annenberg Foundation.
Withoutabox Submission Guidelines:
- Submit a short documentary that has been completed in the last 5 years
- The short film will showcase a remarkable individual’s actions in response to a devastating environmental event
- Submission length for explore/HATCH award is 20 minutes or less
- DVD submission must be labeled explore/HATCH award
- Any accompanying paperwork and the outside of the envelope must be labeled explore/HATCH award
- Deadline is August 25, 2010, no exceptions will be made
- The final 5 nominees will be posted on explore.org for audience consideration
- The explore/HATCH award panel will announce the winner September 1, 2010