Support Link TV
eNewsletters
Accountability for Torture
Grassroots
April 17, 2009
4:55 PM PDT
20 TYPES OF WAR CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN:
No good conscience human being should allow this,and
And certainly,no man/woman in a SOVEREIGN NATION ARMED FORCES UNIFORM should condone,assist or ignore when these abuses are knowingly going on.
If they do,they can ONLY expect PROSECUTION,and dishonorable discharge.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO0903/S00436.htm
Grassroots
April 16, 2009
4:55 PM PDT
LOL! I don't have wings midnight,but I do my human best,LOL!
midknight
April 16, 2009
2:58 PM PDT
hope you are one as well
remember this is heaven on earth time
Grassroots
April 16, 2009
1:46 PM PDT
No-one is alone midnight!
We ALL have guardian angels!
midknight
April 15, 2009
5:28 PM PDT
nice meeting You
I love that song with all my heart,reminds me that I am not alone
advocate
April 10, 2009
8:46 PM PDT
Wow Midknight - how ironic (for lack of a better word) - Imagine is one of those songs I listen to maybe once a year if I'm lucky, but it just so happens that on my way home today I listened to it twice in my car because Amnesty Intl put out a 2-disc set of Lennon's songs sang by other artists and Imagine was on both of the CDs! The song has always made me emotional because of how aspirational it is, but yet uplifts me because it shows how many others do share these goals. I'm about to graduate from a school in Iowa and it is easy to feel alienated and like everyone else is just apathetic, but songs like "Imagine" and forums like this remind me I'm definitely not alone. Thanks so much!
midknight
April 10, 2009
11:13 AM PDT
advocate
April 10, 2009
8:13 AM PDT
In discussing children and torture, I have to point out that the U.S. continues to violate the Torture Victims Protection Act (among many other international treaties) in sentencing its youth to die in prison for crimes committed below the age of 18 (JLWOP). Aprox. 2,500 children in the U.S. are currently serving JLWOP and according to Human Rights Watch, not one other nation in the world sentences children to LWOP. The Convention on the Rights of the Child forbids JLWOP but the U.S. and Somalia are the only two countries which refuse to ratify the CRC. Recently the U.N.G.A. voted to abolish all JLWOP by 185-1, with the U.S. as the only vote against it.

The U.S. is torturing its children by imposing cruel and unusual punishment on those under 18. Many find it difficult to be sympathetic when these children have committed terrible crimes, but others recognize that youth have lessened culpability due to their cognitive differences from adults which is emphasized in many aspects - youth can't vote, drink alcohol, enter into contracts, or even see R-rated movies! Also, it's quite easy to see JLWOP as a human rights violation and as torture upon researching and finding the huge disproportionate rate of minority youth sentenced to LWOP; the fact that most serving JLWOP were poor and did not have proper counsel; how many were abused/neglected; mentally ill; etc....

Human rights advocates urge U.S. citizens to call on Congress to pass H.R. 4300 which would end JLWOP in the U.S., bring the U.S. in compliance with international law and stop the torture and inhumane treatment of those youth sentenced to LWOP.
Grassroots
April 8, 2009
8:49 AM PDT
AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THIS WARRANTS TORTURE:Medical personnel pressured NOT to diagnose PTSD on their Vet colleagues/patients.
The IDEA being,TO SVAE MONEY,TIME and TREATMENTS that these MILITARY VETS are DOUBLY entitled to,considering that they SERVED THEIR NATION,and SERVED FOR A GOVERNMENT WHO LIED/PERJURED THEIR WAY into offensive miltary occupation/invasion(doesn't class as WAR in the official sense,beause we were NOT attacked by a SOVERIEGN FOREIGN NATION,just a scumbag radical civilian group.
This DENIAL of TREATMENT benefits is tantamount to ENFORCED TORTURE,because many of these CVets with PTSD later went on to be ISOLATED,OUT OF WORK,NO MONEY,SYMPATHY,HELP and WENT ON TO COMMIT SUICIDE!
That just about amounts TO PROFESSIONAL CRIMINAL NEGLECT,and against the "DO NO HARM" Medical OATH!
DISGRACEFUL! SHAMEFUL!UNPATRIOTIC! AND TREACHEROUS!
ALL TO SAVE Governemnt TIME AND MONEY and RIG the statistic records and thereby ABANDON responsibiulity to CARE FOR these Governmental VETERANS.
That's torture,by DENYING TREATMENT,it's against the Geneva Conventions!

http://www.salon.com/news/special/coming_home/2009/04/08/tape/
midknight
April 7, 2009
11:19 AM PDT
I agree but that's why they need real help from professionals
Grassroots
April 7, 2009
9:22 AM PDT
Children ARE pure midnight.But they are adaptable,to necessity.
They are mainly corrupted by society,adults,the need for immediate gratification, or desperation.
Like all humans children,after a certain age,are natural survivors,and if abandoned will do what they can to survive,within horrendous circumstances.
Vulnerability of heart.Pureness of soul. Needs of the body.
Hate is not born,it is MADE by circumstance.

midknight
April 6, 2009
3:51 PM PDT
where are the psychologist?
how do we deprogram children from hate?is not going to be Israel,they are to b easy occupying territories to actually think with their brain,but GR don t give me the pure children thing ether,is a sick society that made them in hate robot no matter the age
WE NEED A TEAM FROM OTHER COUNTRIES TO WORK WITH THOSE CHILDREN AND HOPE THAT THEY CAN ACTUALLY HAVE A LIFE
remember You are talking to somebody that knows about a 10 year old child that sold a woman that was helping him,10 year old child thought that a woman was a ticket for launch,so the little kid thing does not work NOT WITH ME
Grassroots
April 6, 2009
7:28 AM PDT
423 PALESTINIAN CHILDREN HELD IN ISRAELI PRISONS?
For what?
Not being JEWISH!
The Governments and political systems of America and Israel have so many NASTY things in common domestically and internationally(policy-wise).
We are ALSO 'good' at locking people up for MINOR OFFENSES,and locking away our kids.
Israel is too!
1.5 MILLION MEN,WOMEN,CHILDREN locked up,by land,sea and air,in Gaza.
Palestinians locked up in the murderous maze of the West Bank,with a manic IOF minotaur at every Israel checkpoint or flying-roadblock corner.
AND,let's not forget the ELEVEN THOUSAND Palestinian men,women and children STILL locked up in these PRISONS,INDEFINATELY.
Their ONLY real 'crime' in Israeli eyes,for sixty long years of this torturous habit?
Being NON-Jewish!
No justification,morally,legally or ethically.
SHAME ON ISRAEL.
AND SHAME ON THE US Government for CONDONING and FUNDING this.
http://irish4palestine.blogspot.com/
Peace,Salaam,Shalom.
Grassroots
April 5, 2009
10:21 AM PDT
"Barbaric Israel".
I find it quite nauseating that many of these Israeli soldiers doing this murder,torture,ethnic cleansing,GENOCIDE are actually grandchildren of NAZI HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.
They INSULT their own survivor families,by carrying on Hitlers legacy!
TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIED.
TOTALLY ILLEGAL.
TOTALLY UNFORGIVEABLE.
TOTALLY LUNATIC.
The world will soon forget about the Nazi atrocities,because Israel will overshadow and REPLACE it with its OWN GENOCIDE of Arabian non-Jewish people.
The most anti-semitic people on the planet are the Israeli political zionists!
SHAME ON THEM.
http://www.uruknet.de/?p=m53163&hd=&size=1&l=e
Peace,Salaam,Shalom.
Grassroots
April 4, 2009
10:30 AM PDT
"ISRAEL ON TRIAL" as it SHOULD BE!
NO MORE EXCUSES.
No more get-out-of-jail-free CARDS FROM THE USA!
"AMERICA DOES NOT ENGAGE IN TORTURE" (Bush and Obama)
CONDONING directly,or indirectly by ignoring,is ENGAGING IN !
http://desertpeace.wordpress.com/2009/04/04/israel-on-trial/
Peace,Salaam,Shalom.