Not a Member?

Join Link TV!
Support Link TV
eNewsletters
"Honest" and "Independent"?
Grassroots
June 10, 2007
12:31 PM PDT
No CHARLIE1! Don't hold your breath,or the news won't matter, you'll just be hearing harps playing and seeing white clouds float by,(lol)! And then, you won't be able to contribute, to these discussions,with your "independant" thoughts and opinions.At least you have THOSE.That's your independant journalism!
charlie1
June 9, 2007
8:04 PM PDT
There is little media that is not controlled by either the government or ideology. I fear that truely "indepedent" journalism is a thing of the past. A network's political leanings, be it right or left, is obvious in journalism. I had to laugh when reading the Link TV transcript of Al Gore speaking before Moveon.org members when he and his former administration had 8 years of sanctions and a week of bombing Iraq in 1998 for the sole reason that Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction". Mr. Gore and those "digesting" his rhetoric have short memories.

Independent news? Perhaps one day...not holding my breath.
debois
June 2, 2007
9:11 AM PDT
Mosaic is my ONLY source of news. I can no longer trust other media outlets. Please consider adding on weekends and increasing the frequency of the intelligence report...best analysis on the Middle East! Keep it up.
Grassroots
May 29, 2007
11:23 AM PDT
I consider 'Mosaic' a broad-scope international news pogramme.It selects various channels and voices. In my mind,that is the basis of Freedom of Speech and Thought.If a PROGRAMME censors its content,based on the backers(State or Independant)then our Freedom,as the viewers,to make up our own minds and form our OWN opinions,is disrespected,from the outset.
I may not agree,with a 'backer',but I still want to hear what they have to say.
That's the philosophy of a mosaic.Many different pieces,that make up the end multi-faceted 'picture'.
And you,the viewers,are free to assemble the pieces as you wish and draw your own conclusions.
Rock on 'Mosaic'!
kspencer4439
May 24, 2007
2:41 PM PDT
this is a great discussion!
jbello
May 22, 2007
12:20 PM PDT
I love listening to the different station's takes on various events. Watch the Israel/Palestine coverage, or the coverage of Lebanese issues from a variety of standpoints is like watching a soap opera, only a lot more immediate and interesting. After a while you get so you know what to expect from certain stations. And sometimes, if something strikes me as odd, I go online and look up the station to see if I can get any insight into where they might be coming from. If only people paid this much attention to our news coverage in the US, if only there were this much diversity of perspectives aired here.
I think if we can see New TV and Future TV and Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya and even Syrian perspectives on events in Lebanon, then it is a bizarre twist that we can't see what Al Manar has to say about the same events.
Samb1
May 20, 2007
3:43 PM PDT
How about Fox News putting a tag saying "Republican Controlled"?. BBC can also be interpreted as state controlled. I think that it is a shame that Mosaic can no longer show Al Manar. This is against freedom of the press. I am very interested in seeing what the Hezbollah channel is broadcasting. Don't millions of people see it in the Arab world?
dsmith3000
May 20, 2007
10:38 AM PDT
Yes, you give that info out on your website and on other shows, but not on Mosaic. I think it would be helpful to us - the viewers - if we knew the forces at work behind each of the segments we're watching - while we are watching them. Don't you think so? I would suggest adding that info to your tag that appears in the corner at the beginning and end of each segment.
The LEAST you could do is include the words "state controlled" or "independent".
mosaicnews
May 19, 2007
12:41 PM PDT
Al Manar and other networks are clearly identified on our website, http://www.linktv.org/mosaic/broadcasters/lebanon . Actually many of Mosaic's segments reported on Al Manar’s controversy in France from Al Manar’s perspective and other Mosaic broadcasters. Globecast, a French satellite service which brought Al Manar to the U.S. removed it after the State Department put it on its terrorist organizations list. We have had many discussions on Link TV about the “War of Information” that is going on in the Middle East where we discussed Al Manar and other stations http://www.linktv.org/programs/msr_tv on many occasions. Mosaic gives our viewers a window to what close to 300 million people watch on their TV screens in the Middle East.
dsmith3000
May 19, 2007
11:37 AM PDT
In one of your station's appeals for support (and during a discussion of western media), your spokesperson claimed that Link TV was all about preserving an "honest and independent media".

When it comes to Mosaic however, you run many state controlled and less-than-independent (as in heavily influenced by terrorist organizations) media outlets' programming without any real disclaimers.

Why do you legitimize such outlets? Shouldn't you be pointing out to us what state or organization controls the station who's programming you are airing?

You used to air a lot of Al Manar reports, but quit after the furor in France. What's interesting about that is that you never reported that Al Manar was controlled by Hezbollah. I didn't become aware of that until AFTER it came out (in the western media) in regard to the French situation!

Is that "Honesty"? Or is it "Hypocrisy"?