1. Select one of our categories and make a film according to the subject Category criteria.
Worried about making a film? Check out our Director's Toolkit page, which also includes all the legal stuff.
3. Fill out our filmmaker’s registration form. Make sure you include all your contact info so we can get hold of you if there’s a problem with your entry or to notify you if you become a Finalist. Every entrant must also email a bio and a photo. Your film description will accompany your film clip during viewing and voting.
4. Include the mandatory ViewChange End Slate at the end of your film (it won’t count as part of your total running time).
5. Upload your film using our easy uploader. This tool works in the same way as YouTube’s, transporting your video from your desktop to the internet. Your submission must be on the following formats only: WMV, AVI, MOV, or MPG file formats and not exceed 100 MB. Visit our FAQs to find out more about encoding tips to avoid possible frustrations.
6. Don’t forget to include a thumbnail image for your film—it’s the first thing viewers will see before they hit “Play.”
You can submit films beginning April 30, 2010 up until September 3, 2010 at 12:00 p.m. PT. When you submit your entry, screeners will review it to make sure it complies with our Rules & Regulations, and, if it does, they will make it live on the site. You will receive email notification when your video goes live on the site. Entries that send hateful messages or don't fulfill the Rules & Regulations will be rejected by email.
View, vote, and comment on the films. You don't have to be a filmmaker to be part of ViewChange.org!
1. Register as a member of Link TV. If you like, you can upload a photo, a bio, and your location to help you meet other members online. You can comment on films as soon as they’re uploaded.
2. Beginning September 4, 2010 you can also vote on films. Select your favorite in each category—you may choose only one favorite in each category per day, but you can vote as many days as you like. See the section on "voting" in our Rules & Regulations. Voting ends on September 15, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PT.