Renowned Radio Station Dublab & KCET Join Forces For New Season of 'Border Blaster' Airing Nov. 1 | Link TV
Renowned Radio Station Dublab & KCET Join Forces For New Season of 'Border Blaster' Airing Nov. 1
"Border Blaster" is back for a fourth season and this time KCET has teamed up with long-running internet radio station Dublab, who will curate the show. Featuring 13 new episodes, the series will continue to showcase cutting-edge music videos from around the globe. It will telecast weekly beginning Tuesday, November 1 at midnight on KCET in Southern California and nationwide on Link TV (DirecTV 375, DISH Network 9410) on Tuesday, November 1 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
For this upcoming season, in addition to episodes, Dublab will continue the mission of "Border Blaster" by tracing musical currents across continents and exploring world genres in a series of online articles. From Syrian electronic music to Caribbean psych rock, regular content will be generated to highlight vastly diverse international cultures and their voices through music.
Hosted by Dublab DJ Liz Warner, "Border Blaster" Season 4 promises to expose viewers to the cross-fertilization of musical styles and genres defining contemporary music.
Join us "Upstairs" at the Ace Hotel Downtown LA on Saturday, November 12 at 8:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m. for our Border Blaster Premiere Party! Catch a live performance by Border Blaster artist 'Def Sound;' DJ sets by Dublab's Frosty, Morpho, Liz Warner, Chris Kissel, and Ale; and visuals by Alex Pelly.
Take a look at our upcoming episode line-up below:
Tues., Nov. 1: “Emergence” features music videos from:
- Bahraini/UK psychedelic band Flamingods
- Italian electronic producer Clap! Clap!
- Los Angeles-based R&B songstress Jimetta Rose
- British DJ Mark Barrott
- Japanese musician Shintaro Sakamoto
- Spanish rapero El Guincho
Tues., Nov. 8: “Elevation” features music videos from:
- UK pop band Landshapes
- Spanish duo Storms
- French composer Chassol
- French-Canadian producer Tiga
- Australian “heat beat” band NO ZU
- Nigerien keyboardist and electronic music composer Hama
- Los Angeles-based musician Thundercat
Tues., Nov. 15: “Connectivity” features music videos from:
- Folk musicians Steve Gunn & Mike Cooper
- New York City audiovisual duo Georgia
- UK producer Quantic
- Los Angeles-based blues rocker Hanni El Khatib
- British producer Lapalux
Tues., Nov. 22: “Resolution” features music videos from:
- Sudanese-American songstress Alsarah and the Nubatones
- Swedish “antinational cabaret” group Europa Europa and the Knife
- Los Angeles producer The Gaslamp Killer
- UK beatmaker Commodo
- Nigerien band Tal National
- Polish chamber musical duo Sza/Za
Tues., Nov. 29: "Refractions" features music videos from:
- South African producer Nozinja
- New York City musician Ziemba
- Los Angeles multi-instrumentalist Dexter Story
- U.S. band Bitchin' Bajas & Bonnie Prince Billy
- Belgian producer débruit
- Los Angeles musician Def Sound
- German/Japanese duo Masayoshi Fujita & Jan Jelinek
Stay posted for more episodes to come…
Top Image: Still from music video "Comix" by El Guincho.
Access to clean water for drinking and household use remains a challenge in places as far apart as Mumbai, India and rural communities in West Virginia.
Students in a Jakarta neighborhood are trading plastic waste for Wi-Fi access so they can continue learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Xiye Bastida is committed to helping create a future where climate activism is a space where people feel included and their actions matter.
Naelyn Pike, Chiricahua Apache, is fighting with paperwork and by speaking out to stop Resolution Copper, a foreign-owned mining company, from extracting copper ore from the Apache sacred site in Arizona.
- 1 of 103
- next ›
Combo Chimbita, PONGO, Rebeca Lane, OKZharp & Manthe Ribane, Leon Vynehall and Yasmine Hamdan.
El Haru Kuroi, Ibon Errazkin, Cornelius, DJ Raff, Bombino and Kata.
Little Jesus, Sassy 009, Acid Arab, Los Punsetes, Lord Echo, Kemialliset Ystävät and Tune-Yards.
Turbotito, Cesare Basile, Prophet, Sidi Touré, Emmanuel Jal and Nyaruach, Juana Molina and Max Cooper.
Liraz, Chancha via Circuito, Kohinoorgasm, Ry X, Nosizwe, Desert and O Te.
- 1 of 15
- next ›