Covid-19 and U.S. Sanctions On Iran
Six Iranian-Americans discuss the impact of economic sanctions on Iran’s response to the coronavirus, which left the nation without the medical supplies and resources to protect its people, leading to many deaths and suffering. This webinar was sponsored by CODEPINK, the grassroots peace and social justice movement. For more information, visit https://www.codepink.org/iran.
- Leila Zand, CODEPINK director of citizen diplomacy with Iran
- Fatemeh Kershavaz, Roshan Institute for Persian Studies
- Salome, MC, Iran's first female rapper
- Sima Shakhsari, professor at the Department of Gender, Women and Sexuality Studies at the University of Minnesota
- Sussan Deyhim, Iranian-American composer, vocalist, performance artist and activist
- Sussan Tahmasebi, Director of FEMENA, supporting feminist movements in the Middle East, North Africa and Asia