Reem Assil's Labneh | Link TV
Reem Assil's Labneh
Looking for the perfect dip with pita bread or fruits? Labneh, a Middle Eastern dish made from strained yogurt might be the answer to your prayers. Made of yogurt strained through cheesecloth then drizzled with olive oil and za'atar, labneh has about half the fat and calories of regular cream cheese and can be used as spread on bagels, dip for fruit and vegetables ... just in case that pita bread isn't handy. Here is James Beard-nominated chef Reem Assil's recipe.
Yield: 3 cups
8 cups of yogurt
1 tsp of salt (Reem uses kosher salt)
Extra virgin olive oil
* You will also need a piece of linen, muslin or several layers of cheese cloth for straining
More Migrant Kitchen recipes
1. Place a large colander in a sink.
2. Line the colander with a linen, muslin towel or several layers of cheese cloth.
3. Pour yogurt into lined colander.
4. Pick of the edges of the towel and tie the top. Hang from kitchen sauce to drain for 24 hours, strain liquid. Alternatively place colander over deep bowl and strain in fridge overnight.
5. To serve, spread labneh in a bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, za'atar spice and fresh mint. Eat with warm pita or fresh veggies for dipping.
Link Letter Signup
Despite the Woolsey fire altering habitats in devastating ways, wildlife is adapting to survive.
A masterwork of organic architecture by a virtually forgotten 1920s Palm Springs architect, R. Lee Miller, the Araby Rock houses could be mistaken for the Shire from "Lord of the Rings," and over the years, it has attracted its own vivid residents.
In an opera, the spectacle and glamour of the singers and sets are integral parts of the experience. So how do you transform an opera, with all its costumes and choreography, into a purely auditory experience?
Chilean artist Victor Castillo’s art style utilizes a classic Americana style of the 1950s reminiscent of Norman Rockwell and early Disney, but painted with a more innocent, cartoonish brush. Now his works are brought to life in CGI.
- 1 of 43
- next ›