Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp | Link TV
Tsubaki's Koji Marinated Grilled Shrimp
A beautifully simple dish that brings together the freshness of the sea with the delicious taste of garlic, shio koji and lemon over the grill. Perfect for easy going barbecues.
1 pound large, head-on shrimp (we use new Caledonian blue prawns)
½ pint shio koji
3 cloves of garlic, grated
30 grams of ginger
garlic oil (equal parts garlic and canola oil simmered for an hour, then strained)
1. Butterfly and devin shrimp, keeping shells intact.
2. Mix the koji together with the ginger and garlic.
3. Lightly brush each shrimp with the koji mixture, just enough to coat. The koji is very salty so a little goes a long way.
4. Grill over charcoal, shell side down, until the meat begins to turn opaque
5. Remove from grill and char the tops of the shrimp with a kitchen torch or under a broiler.
6. Finish with a drizzle of garlic oil, lemon zest and a sprinkle of espelette pepper.
7. Serve with lemon wedges.
Link Letter Signup
The surprising role that the ancient sport of falconry has played in the conservation of the peregrine falcon.
The stocks of two of the largest private prison contractors skyrocketed in the month after President Trump’s inauguration and have continued to grow.
The demographic shift of the next few years is unstoppable and still misunderstood.
The Trump administration has been battling in the courts and on the streets against jurisdictions that call themselves "sanctuaries," arguing that they threaten the rule of law and allow criminal immigrants to roam free.
- 1 of 20
- next ›